Saturday, August 15, 2009

Brilliant

I know. Believe me, if there were something to write about, I would be all over it.

My parents are in Alaska this week for their anniversary, which leaves me to take care of the homestead by myself. I've done my best to fill it with people, but despite my efforts, I'm home alone, watching TV Land most nights. Either that, or writing chapters for my book.

Oh yeah. I'm writing a book. It's about the Crusades and how perceptions have changed over the years. It's mostly a historical survey, with some theology and hopefully pointed commentary on the current desire to ignore or downplay this period in history. No idea when I'll be ready to publish it.

Work is going well. I've been given more responsibilities lately, and we're trying to get ready for Christmas (ugh!), so I've been kept relatively busy with that.

There have been a couple of health concerns recently. I've been hesitant about getting them checked out, mostly because I don't want to know. If it continues, though, I'm thinking I won't have a choice.

New link is up for the Hendrick's blog. They are in Spain, and have been going through some difficulties lately, so they'd appreciate a word of encouragement, I'm sure.

I'll leave you with this sentiment from Paul to Philemon.

"I always thank my God as I remember you in my prayers, because I hear about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all the saints. I pray that you may be active in sharing your faith, so that you will have a full understanding of every good thing we have in Christ. Your love has given me great joy and encouragement, because you, brother, have refreshed the hearts of the saints."

No comments:

Post a Comment