Wednesday, December 2, 2009

I've been on an internet fast.

Before you praise/chastise me, know this: it wasn't entirely by choice. The internet at the house was down, and I decided to see if it was possible to live without the world wide web. Surprisingly, it is, but I'm not going to tell you it was easy. I can't tell you how many times I went to Google something only to remember I couldn't.

Quite a bit has happened over the last month. As a result of a meeting with Global Ministries staff and two fellow missionaries in early November, I have created an Advocacy/Support/Friend group comprised of six people, each of whom has played a role along the journey to this point. They are all good at giving me their opinions and advice and ideas, and though we haven't really decided what this will mean in the long run, they are all incredibly supportive.

I spoke at two different churches this month. On November 8, I was at Victory Chapel in Liberty Center, OH and on November 15, I was at Stryker UB in Stryker, OH. It was nice to be back in my home state, and especially lovely to speak with several people I've known since I was much younger.

I am pleased to report that as a result of some very generous donations, I have reached 50% of my needed support. In July 2010, I will be able to attend CROSS-Training at OMS - three weeks of field prep and seminars. I'm praying that I will be ready to move into the compound at Greenwood soon after, and begin traveling.

I am excited to see what the next year brings. I pray that when the time comes, I am ready.

Shalom.

No comments:

Post a Comment