Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Wow. A lot has happened since my last post. I'll try to cover as much ground as possible.

First, I know you've all heard about the earthquake and subsequent tsunami in Japan. OMS does have missionaries there along with dozens of nationals and churches. We've been updating people about the OMS side of things via the OMS Facebook page, so keep an eye on that for news. It is a horrible situation, and my heart is heavy as I continue to read more on CNN and watch the footage.

I need to switch gears. Okay.

On the 4th of this month, my body decided to fall apart. I got really sick for about three days, missed two days of work, and was generally miserable all of last week. I'm marginally better now, but it was quite ridiculous.

In the midst of this, I had to drive my parents to the airport. They went to Jamaica (without me!) for the 60th National Conference of churches. I picked them up last night.

Work has been nuts. Three of our people in Communications are traveling (separately), so the rest of us have been trying to hold down the fort. I'm having a terrible time actually getting things done, though. (Probably because I keep getting distracted by blogging.) Anyway.

One thing I encountered last week at work is worth mentioning. I had to print some brochures, which then required cutting, and for the first time, I got to play with the cutting machine at work. I say play because this thing is quite the power trip. Fortunately, the operation of the machine makes it difficult for you to actually cut off body parts.



Yeah. That was fun.

Finally, I'm leaving the country in 16 days. I'll talk more about it when I get back, but I am incredibly excited about this trip! I'm also nervous (first time to this particular area of the world) and trying to get a ton of stuff done before I leave.

So. That's life right now. Keep checking back. And don't forget about the Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment