Thursday, February 7, 2013

Si o No?

Today I figured out what I don't like about most interactive learning.

(Lori guessed that it had something to do with the fact that interactive learning makes me interact with people.

True. But no.)

My problem with interactive learning is that there are no absolutes.

It's like that old TV show Dragnet. When I'm learning something, I want "just the facts." (Which Joe Friday never actually said. See? I like knowing true things.)

I like knowing that there is a right answer and a wrong answer. (Math is a good example of this. I just don't know how to do math. But I like knowing that if I did know how to do math, there would be one correct answer.) I don't like being asked how I feel about something. How I feel shouldn't matter. It should just be true or not. Right or not.

No grey areas.

Incidentally, this is also one of my biggest problems with society. We're taught that there are no absolutes. Or that only bad people deal in absolutes.

That is absolute rubbish. And that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment