Saturday, October 5, 2013

The Utz Factor, Part 1

A dear friend of mine has a blog, and on her blog, she has a segment called 'Sad Song Saturday.' I've hereby adopted this segment, with a few changes. I have a playlist in iTunes called 'Utzy,' and in this playlist are songs that make me feel just that extra bit of emotion. I'm going to share some of these songs with you. I may even explain what it is about them that causes the utz.

The first song is 'Parce Mihi Domine' performed by Jan Garbarek & The Hilliard Ensemble. I heard it for the first time on a TV show (a bad show, one you should not watch) and loved it. I love chants in general, and the sax layered onto it adds a real mournful quality.

Enjoy.





1 comment:

  1. I'm behind on your blog posts. But then, I'm behind on everything these days. Just wanted to say that I see why you like this piece...love it. And of course, you piqued my curiosity about what TV show you heard it in. Later. :)

    ReplyDelete