Saturday, November 2, 2013

The Utz Factor, Part 5

'Still' - Black Hawk Down soundtrack

To this day, I'm not sure if I can explain why I like this movie so much. I can't actually watch it too often. I have a few movies like that. You love them, but it hurts too much to watch them sometimes. Movies like Saving Private Ryan, The Passion of the Christ and Glory. But I think I like this movie because it's one of the most realistic portrayals (in my opinion, and I realize that's not worth much considering I've never been in combat and am not a soldier) of a war zone. Once the shooting starts, everything happens in real time, and you're never quite sure what is going on. This song reminds me that sometimes, there are calm moments in a storm.

(The video cuts off about 7 seconds, not sure why.)


No comments:

Post a Comment