Thursday, October 29, 2015

The Late Now

I haven't posted much lately. (I know, I know. Way to state the obvious, Jessica.)

I'd like to say I have really great reasons for not writing anything.

I could say that I've been traveling. Which is true. I went to Pennsylvania last weekend for a missions conference at a little church outside of Gettysburg. I love this church. Our two contact people are the sweetest old ladies. And they love to take care of us. And when I'm there, it's pretty much guaranteed that I'll get to visit the battlefield. For the twenty-sixth time. (I haven't counted, actually. But it's a lot.)

I could say that I've been busy. Which is sort of true. I'm in training to learn more of the production process of T&M. I've been working on the Christmas video. When I'm not at work, I'm usually walking or watching TV.

I could say that I have nothing to write about. This is both true and not true. There are things I could write about. But they have little to do with mission stuff. And that's why I created this blog. To talk about my ministry and life in missions.

Here's what my life in missions looks like: I sit at a computer for eight hours a day. I do roughly the same things every day. It's very technical and complicated. Occasionally, I hear a great message in chapel. And I usually write something based on those. But I am by no means on the front lines. There are things I'd like to do. But those things cost money. And funding has been extremely difficult lately.

So why haven't I written anything? The truth is simple.

I feel uninspired. I feel redundant. I feel like everything I might want to say has been said by other people in much better ways. I feel like some things I want to say would get me into trouble. I'm tired and lacking in purpose. And I really don't think anyone is reading this. Except for you, Lori. Which I appreciate.

Shockingly enough, I'm not depressed.

I'm just living life. And the day to day is just not that interesting.

I have some pending drafts that I'll start rolling out shortly. And then I don't know.

I need some ideas. I need inspiration. I need...

Something.

1 comment:

  1. However, I did just now read this ... because you know if I don't see a link on FB, well, I'm just not a blog reader. Except for yours. :) Editing has killed the reader in me.

    ReplyDelete