Friday, October 12, 2018

Is that an update I spy?

Sarah just told me that I could write about the random piece of candy that has been sitting on my desk for who knows how long and it would still be interesting.

I'm questioning her sanity.

But I'm also taking it as a subtle hint that I should actually update this thing once in a while.

So here goes.

Last time, I wrote about spiritual warfare. That's definitely still a thing. Sometimes, I feel like every day is a struggle. But there are also good days. Days where I feel productive and like what I do makes a difference. So there's that.

A lot has happened since then. I spent two days in Vancouver, Washington, learning how to support raise the right way. While there, I also saw my good friend Addie. She is a blessing, and while I'm sad that she is all the way on the other side of the country, I'm also happy that we got to hang out. Plus, she's an excellent excuse to go gallivanting.

I've been working on my funding since I got back. It's a slow process, especially considering I'm still doing all my usual jobs. But I'm slowly finding a balance. It's all stuff that has to be done, and I'm decent under pressure. God either wants me here or he doesn't, so I'm going to keep doing my job and see where the road takes me.

This means a lot of travel, of course. I have found every back road and holler on the way from Greenwood to Huntington and beyond. I've battled major road closures and minor fender benders. (Not mine, thank the Lord.) I feel like I'm in the slow lane. But progress is being made.

I also spent a few days in Toledo at a women's conference. It's a little weird, since my home church isn't UB and I really only get to one when I'm with my parents. But I do still feel a connection to the United Brethren. It was a huge part of my life for a very long time, yet somehow I always forget just how many connections I actually have with them. I'm not a wife or a mother, though, and it's hard to connect to a lot of events designed for women because that's what they tend to focus on. But I thought it was a good experience, and it gave me some time in the city of my birth. I haven't lived there in years, but there's always that tether that connects you to important places. It's a part of home.

I'm going to start up the weekly updates again next week. Technically, this is one. But it's also something more. I'm working on four groups of Portuguese, which will soon be published. I'm also working on a prayer letter, which I'm hoping will be ready to mail next week. I also went to Noblesville yesterday with the retreat planning team. We wanted to make sure we had all the details on the place that's hosting the ECC retreat in December. Do you know how much work it is to plan something designed to be restful?

So. Here's what I need from you: encouragement, prayers, ideas of what you want to know about, etc. Give me a wave or a shout. Remind me that I'm valuable.

Be cool. 

2 comments:

  1. You are so valuable!! Glad I got to go gallivanting with you, I wish I had a TARDIS so I could just jump back and forth to Indiana. I love reading your updates and hope the retreat planning isn't stressful and you get the rest you need! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks, love! Yes, a TARDIS would be valuable. Or a transporter. Anything FTL, really. Planes and vacation time are nice, though. :)

      Delete