Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Day Zero

T minus whatever and counting...

I've realized something important. As I was packing my bag, I kept thinking about all the things I was forgetting - mosquito netting, bug repellant, plain t-shirts, skirts, sunscreen ... the list went on. But I'm not forgetting them - I just don't need them.

I'm not used to packing for Europe. But I love it!

It also made me realize that while my heart has revised the definition of 'missions,' my head has yet to get the message. Or is it the other way around? Either way, I'm starting to think a little bit more about the idea of missions.

In other news, I think I may have stumbled on my calling while I was getting ready this morning. It's been in the back of my mind for awhile now, but I had a moment of perfect clarity when my future was laid out before me. It was like being in Africa all over again. And Beka, we were right - it's terrifying, exhilarating and definitely not something I'd have chosen for myself. This is going to take real work to accomplish.

Now I'm nervous. If all this is happening even before I get on the plane, what is waiting for me in Spain?

EDIT: I've just read this thing again, and even I think it makes very little sense. I'll try to clarify when I've had a chance to consult with Dad.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe I'm crazy, but I think I understand what you're saying. Just don't ask me to put it in words - that I cannot do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo...what is your clarified future look like...I sure hope OMS and the comm. Dept are part of it! Praying for you...

    ReplyDelete