Sunday, November 14, 2010

Spain Wants You...

So, I'm pretty sure that several years have passed since I last posted something. Because it feels longer than a few days. A lot longer. I mean that in a good way, though.

I'm sitting at the dinner table as I write this. Troy, Sam and my mom and dad are eating dinner late (early by Spanish standards) since they just got back. Julie, Ethan, Hannah, Roger, Sharon and I ate earlier. We had a smorgasbord of leftovers and tortilla, which is not what you normally picture. Tortilla is made from egg and potato and you can put other stuff in it, and it tastes lovely. We're talking about what we will be doing tomorrow, our last day in Spain.

This last weekend was amazing, and I'm still processing everything. I talked to so many people and heard so many stories. It was incredible! I made a lot of friends and exchanged email addresses and facebook names, and if I ever come back to Spain, Susana invited me to stay in her house. (That's good, especially if Troy and Julie don't invite me back!) This weekend was so busy and jam-packed. I'll post the schedule some time so you can see everything we did. I'll also post pictures; the mountains were absolutely gorgeous, even if it was overcast and drizzly most of the time. I think that's my fault - the day we left for the camp, I prayed that everything would go 'swimmingly.' I'm sure Troy will blame me for the weather. I told him that he was labelled 'master of all things' in my last post, and he's had that title since then. I should give him a new one, but nothing clever is coming to mind. I'll have to think about that.

Oh, there is so much I want and need to say, but I feel like if I try right now, it'll be disjointed and incomprehensible and I could never do it justice. I won't be able to really convey everything anyway, but I can try. That's one of the hardest things as a writer - it's hard to write other people's stories because I wasn't there and I don't really understand the feeling behind it. I can come close sometimes, but it's never quite right. But it's also hard to write stories when I have experienced something because I know it's never going to be enough. I suppose all I can do is tell stories the best way possible and then encourage people to go on trips themselves. The good thing about traveling is that I can whet people's appetites for several different countries.

I've seen a couple different comments about the post where I talked about my calling, and I think I am going to elaborate, but I don't know when. Right now, it is still terrifying, and I'm struggling with it, because I really can't see it. It's frustrating, to say the least.

Okay, now they are talking about bologna, so I'm going to take that as my cue to end this thing. It's nearly bedtime, and my feet and back are killing me. I hope you all are doing well and not missing me too much. ;)

Con mucho amor.

No comments:

Post a Comment