Friday, July 29, 2011

One Year

(I am fully aware that I have not yet posted the blog about Poland. I'm working on it.)

So. Despite the fact that I have been thinking about/planning this post for the last month, the actual date has caught me unawares. It wasn't until I was speaking to one of my fellow CROSS-trainees who just returned from the field after a year. I should have realized it sooner, because this morning was the graduation for the new group of trainees. I even took pictures for it, but the whole year anniversary thing completely slipped past me.

Duh.

Anyway. I've been here for a year. A whole year! This feels so weird to me. In some ways, I feel like I just arrived, like I'm still trying to figure everything out. But in many ways, it feels like I've been here forever.

Now that I've reached this milestone, however, I'm finding it difficult to really celebrate it. All I can think about is the future. There are two ways to look at it.

1. I still have a year left on my contract.
2. I only have a year left on my contract!

Where has the time gone?

I guess the first question is, has it been a good year? I think the overall answer has to be yes. There have been ups and downs, but I really can't complain about my experiences at OMS. I've traveled to some amazing places, I've met awesome people, and I work daily with really fantastic friends.

Am I still where God wants me? Absolutely! I committed to two years because I felt that this is where God was leading me. I still feel very secure in that.

Have I made a difference being here? I'm not really the one to ask, but I do believe that I have contributed to OMS, and I would like to think that God has used my work to benefit his kingdom.

Will I be with OMS forever and ever, amen? I can't answer that. If I stay with OMS, that means more support to raise. If I don't stay with OMS, then I have to figure out where I would go, what I would do, would I stay with missions, would I go back to school... There's a lot to consider.

How will I celebrate this occasion? I'll probably go home and clean my apartment. It needs it. I'm not really a party person, anyway.

I know. Shocking.

I guess for now, I'll leave you with an awesome photo taken this morning for October's Prayer and Praise Guide.



See? I'm happy.

1 comment:

  1. As someone who benefits from Jessica's work on a daily basis, let me say publicly...she is DEFINITELY making a difference. She is amazing and I don't know what we'd do without her! I mean that, Jessica!

    ReplyDelete