Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Confluence


Definition of CONFLUENCE
1
a coming or flowing together, meeting, or gathering at one point
2
a : the flowing together of two or more streams
b : the place of meeting of two streams
c : the combined stream formed by conjunction

I've been using this word a lot lately. Trying to figure out how and why things happen is one of the great things about being a historian. But it's also not that fun when what you're trying to figure out hasn't become history, yet. I used to do current event reports, and I hated it because I could never find all the pieces to the puzzle.

Years from now, I will look back on this time with faint remembrance. I will know what led to it. I will know where it, in turn, led. It will be history.
But right now, it's still current events.

No comments:

Post a Comment