Monday, January 5, 2015

The 2015 Challenge

Here's the goal for 2015, at least with regard to this blog: I will post new content at least once a week, always on Monday if possible. So now you know when to check it. I'll still post when the mood strikes, but I will always have something mission-related up on Mondays. Sound good?

Good.

There's always an emphasis at the beginning of each year on trying new things or making a change. And that's admirable, but all too often, this impulse fails to carry through much past January. I've been guilty of it myself many times. I've heard that it takes 2-3 weeks of consistent action to make something a habit. And let's face it, many of us are not wired for trying new things. We're banking on the social contract that we have with our future self to balance out, even though that's really not how it works. (Either we suffer now, or we suffer later. It will happen.)

So this year, I'm going to try new things. I'm not going to put a number on it, like I have to try six new things a month. But when the opportunity arises, instead of staying home and doing the usual thing, I'm going to make a concerted effort to say yes.

Appropos of nothing, I turn 30 in a year. And we all know life ends at 30. 

3 comments:

  1. I love your commitment to try new things. I do not love the fact that you seem to think life ends at 30. It just keeps gettin' better, sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I turn 30 THIS year. I'll let you know what to expect. ;)

    ReplyDelete