Friday, September 15, 2017

The Weekly Wrap-Up: September 11-15, 2017

So some of you may wonder how I find time every week to write out this blog post.

I frequently wonder this.

Today, I'm competing with my desire to get Tagalog done and dusted. I'm so close! But I am dedicated to you, my dear readers. Also, I don't want to send out a rushed product.

So you get me, yet again, awkwardly trying to appeal to a wide base that is almost entirely made up in my head.

I've spent a ridiculous amount of time on the computer this week. And while this isn't exactly new, it is generally unknown for me to have my door closed. Sure, my headphones are on. But I'm usually accessible to the rest of the world. But we had to do a bit of tidying of my hardware and downloading of new files. And of course, if something is going to go wrong or be weird, it's going to happen around me. Which was exactly the case this week. Veronica (our London T&M person) had some new specs for me, and in the course of testing, sure enough, they did things she'd 'never seen before.' I'm brilliant at finding the fly in the ointment, me.

Once I had my workstation back up to snuff, I started in on Tagalog in earnest. If you're curious, Tagalog actually looks a lot like Hakka Chin, so my brain went a little weird trying to separate the two languages. I think I managed, though there were a lot of issues with this particular run of booklets. I'm going to state categorically, though, that I despise booklet 37. Not necessarily the content, because it's the Church Planting Guide. But the way it is layed out is ridiculous. I have never received a file of booklet 37, regardless of language, that wasn't completely screwed up.

I'll survive.

Probably.

The other project this week was a new radio ad.

I know! It's true!

It's been quite a while since we've recorded a new ad, and you could tell, because it took us

FOR

EHV

ERRRRR

to write and produce it. I'll link to it here when it's approved.

That's the week, everyone.

Autumn is coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment