Friday, September 22, 2017

The Weekly Wrap-Up: September 18-22, 2017

First, here's the radio link I promised you.

I finished Tagalog on Monday. (I did say I was close.) I could have stayed late on Friday, but it was our craft night, and I wanted to give the files a good last look, so I waited. Also, who stays late at the office on a Friday?

Not me.

I got into a bit of a debate about file names on Tuesday. I know it seems like a small thing. There are a lot of small things, actually. And they build up into big things after a while. But sometimes you have to bring these things up if you think there's room for improvement.

It went nowhere, but you still have to try.

My next project is Mizo Chin. This is a new language for me, though it's similar to Hakka Chin, as you'd probably imagine. There are a bunch of Chin dialects, though we've only started these two. (Chin is primarily used in Myanmar, in case you were wondering.)

I've made it through one group so far, and I have another left to do. Hopefully, I'll finish on Wednesday. I'm leaving Thursday for Pennsylvania, so there won't be another one of these posts until the week after.

I haven't forgotten about the Ask a Missionary posts. There's been a very small response for questions, so I'm gathering source material from a few other places. Plus, blog posts take time, and I've been neck deep in language projects. But they are coming.

Really.

No foolin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment