Friday, November 17, 2017

The Weekly Wrap-Up: November 13-17, 2017

Ah, mes amis! Comme c'est beau pour la fin de la semaine d'arriver encore une fois, surtout à la veille d'une fête d'action de grâces.

It's been a long week, people. Not gonna lie, I've been having some personnel conflicts. Not in the office - everyone here is lovely. But some personalities just don't mesh well. And some things build up over time. I'm trying to work on that. Time off next week will help.

I had a relatively simple project for Tagalog earlier this week. It's getting close to being published, so I was mostly doing a polish on the files. I like easy projects, and I especially like projects that only take two days.

That being said, I now have two similar projects in French (hence the introduction), and it's giving me a headache. I have to process Group 1 Proof 2 files, and then I have to process Group 2 Proof 1 files. It can be quite the challenge to keep everything straight. This is why we have Trello boards and G drive files and scads upon scads of records.

It's great. Really.

In the wake of last week's health concerns, I'm trying to take more walking breaks. I'd like to get a standing desk, but they are expensive, and I'd have to reconfigure everything. It's somewhere on the list between dining room table and new laptop.

Money is annoying.

Anyway, I like to take these walking breaks with other people, but sometimes they leave me behind. Whatever. I'm a big girl. I can take it.

::sniff::

We're still working on the ECC retreat plans. I'm trying to curb my sadistic tendencies. They really shouldn't put me in charge of team building things. That being said, if you have any ideas about how to facilitate a team puzzle contest, let me know.

I'll be out most of next week for Thanksgiving. I'm spending some quality time with family, for which I am extremely thankful. I hope you all have a blessed holiday.

Here's a little something for your trouble.


No comments:

Post a Comment