Friday, December 1, 2017

The Weekly Wrap-Up: November 27 - December 1, 2017

Is it just me, or has this week flown by? Maybe we were all ready to get away from our families and back to the absolute joy of work.

Maybe not.

Regardless, I hope you all had an excellent Thanksgiving. I, for one, had a lovely time. Both of my sisters made the trip to my parent's house for the week, so it was a true Hollopeter Happening. Read into that what you will. It was quite the experience, and one in which I was a willing participant, so I can't say too much against it.

Like always, the first day back started off with a bang. And by that, I mean we had yet another multiple hour meeting. Those are great. Just love 'em. So incredibly useful.

Christmas, as you know, is just around the corner, but before you get to Christmas, you have all of those delightful parties and get-togethers for 50,000 of your nearest and dearest friends. And someone has to plan all of it.

Or part of it, at least. I have one party tonight that I was pretty heavily involved in planning, and then next week is the ECC retreat. I've made a few contributions to that, and I have more to do, but fortunately, most of the planning for that was on other shoulders. It still takes up time, though. I'm trying to curb my most sadistic instincts when it comes to my team-building exercise, but it's proving to be a challenge.

This was a French week for T&M projects. I did two groups in two separate phases, which is confusing, but essentially the same process, so not terrible. Just time-consuming. But today, and next week, I'll be back in Estonian doing two more groups, but in the same phase this time.

Finally, something you haven't heard from me for a while. We did a new radio ad! This is for OMS' new campaign to help North Korean refugees. Very little writing for me this time - just voice acting. It was nice to get back into the studio after a couple months. I hope you enjoy it, and I also hope you consider giving toward this very worthy effort.

I guess that's all for now. Be good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment