Friday, March 9, 2018

The Weekly Wrap-Up: March 5-9, 2018

I'm gonna do a new thing.

Shut up. I know you're all groaning because I often say I'm gonna do a thing and then it doesn't happen, and quite frankly, that might happen this time, too, but I don't care. Just hush. (And the Philippines blog is coming, all right? I just got a bunch more photos to sort through so I can give you the quality content I'm known for.)

Here's the new thing: Pic of the Week. It's something I took a photo of, something I downloaded from the internet, or something I came across in the week that I deemed important enough to spend time on. So here's the one for this week:

This is on my door now. Because it's hilarious.

Anyway, this has been a looong week. I didn't realize until I started thinking about it. I've worked on three different languages this week. I finished the Estonian panic project. I also finished Hakha Chin. Now I'm on to a new group of Korean. It should be great fun.

We had prayer rally this week, which usually means no chapel, but we had a special guest. Bishop Ezra Sargunam was the head of the Evangelical Church of India denomination. I first met him in 2011 in Thailand. He's quite a remarkable person. He was one of two people from India who had a personal invitation to Billy Graham's funeral, so on his way back, he stopped in at OMS. He gave a nice greeting on Tuesday.

It's orientation week, so we met and prayed for the newbies at the prayer rally. The prayer department is testing a new prayer workshop, so we did that for the rest of the morning. I must say, there was a lot that cut into normal work hours this week. Prayer is fine, but three hours of it wipes me out.

Like I said, it's orientation week, and you all know what that means. I get to play Vanna! We did the usual History of Missions session, and I got to do the illustrations. I don't know how I got asked to do this - I'm terrible at drawing. But I guess people like it, and it's something different in my week. Plus, I did the intro to ECC this time. The usual person would have had to come in on their day off, and that's just no fun, so I volunteered. Don't know if I'll ever do it again as I'm not entirely sure what I told them about ECC. But I had fun, and that's all that matters.

I'm getting tired of grey days. Spring can pop 'round any time now, thanks.

Let me know what you think of the new thing. And you can send submissions each week, too. That's a brilliant idea. Go me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment