Friday, November 9, 2018

The Weekly Wrap-Up: November 5-9, 2018

I'm going to make a claim here that you're not going to believe. It's fine if you don't believe it. I know the truth of it.

I experienced a miracle this week.

On Monday, I was all set to publish the first group of Chinese booklets (traditional Chinese, not simplified. Yes, there is a difference, and no, I don't know what it is.)

I downloaded the necessary files, having been assured that they were ready. I believed in those assurances, but opened the booklets up for one last look anyway, as is right and proper.

Shockingly, they were not ready. In fact, a whole section of proofs had not been entered. I had to re-run all 7 books, check them all again, fix some problem glyphs manually, and then set them up again for publishing.

It took me until Thursday to do all of this.

"But Jessica," you say, "why is this a problem? You have all of next week to publish these files."

I won't be here next week. Nor will I be here the following week. I'm not waiting two weeks to publish Chinese.

Here's the miracle: I published 7 booklets and 17 sub-booklets (because 'Good News' and 'Follow the Lord Jesus Christ' have to be divided into individual studies) into full page AND booklet format PDFs. And I did it in one and one-half days.

I'm going to bed now.

Happy Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

  1. You're amazing. Wondering if we were on the road together today. :)

    ReplyDelete