Friday, November 30, 2018

The Weekly Wrap-Up: November 26-30, 2018

Been a while, hasn't it? I took a couple of weeks to do some deputation and to celebrate the holiday with family. I had some great conversations with people, saw a lot of folks I hadn't seen in a long time, and I successfully infiltrated three pink flamingos into my sister's house. All in all, job well done. I barely remembered my old routine when I came back to work on Monday.

Of course, it was a somber week for all of us at OMS. On Sunday, my friend and coworker lost her 5-year-old son Elijah in a car accident. We feel things deeply here when our family is affected, and there's this disconnect between mourning a loss and trying to go about our daily business. But we did our best to make sure ministry continued as much as possible.

I came back to three waiting projects. Our team in the Philippines has been translating the rest of booklets now that the first couple of groups are published, so we wanted to honor that work and get them back for proofing. As part of my new duties, I review the work of other team members, so I have been going through nine groups of booklets that Marie completed. I was hoping to do all of them this week, but I only made it through four with everything else going on.

We interviewed a new candidate for a position with T&M training on Wednesday. I've never been on an interview panel before, and I wanted to make sure I gave it due diligence. We've had this particular job posted for a couple of years now, so we're all eager to have someone take over the jobs we've either had to do in our spare time or let fall sadly by the wayside.

We're also getting closer and closer to the ECC Retreat! Sarah and I spent some time this week going over the schedule and making sure we have what we need. Next week will be crunch time for creating some devotional materials and finalizing our plans. I'm hopeful and praying that it will be a wonderful time of relaxation and fellowship for us as we get closer to Christmas.

This week has served as a reminder that life is never as long as we think it will be, and time is fleeting. I'm trying to reprioritize some things and put some other things to bed, which may mean a slight delay in getting cards out to everyone. I do apologize, and I'll do my best to make sure you know just how much I appreciate all of you.

We haven't done a Pic of the Week for a while, so here's a small corner of my office that has been decorated.


1 comment:

  1. Oh look ... the comment section is working now! I just wanted to say that I like when you have a Pic of the Week, so it's lovely to see it return. And I do like the tree and the little village. :)

    ReplyDelete