Thursday, December 6, 2018

The Weekly Wrap-Up: December 3-7, 2018

You've probably heard me mention Sam a few times on here. She's a good friend and the director of Dynamic Women in Missions. Our brains seem to work on a similar wavelength. She frequently has me write up little blurbs for their publications. But it works better in person, when she can talk at me and I can distill the intent into a few compelling sentences. That was fine when she was upstairs. But now she's in another building. I must now brave the snowy expanse when she calls for aid. It's like I'm Rohan and she's Gondor and the beacons are a telephone.

It's really cold outside, guys.

Hey! How's it going? Yes, we are early. By the time I would normally post this, I'm hoping I'll be welcoming our retreat guests for the weekend. I am 95% sure we're ready for this weekend. I think it's going to be good. But it has definitely been a struggle getting to this point. Lots and lots of preparation and planning and buying and writing and calling and practicing and finding out about extra costs. All that fun stuff. But it has the makings of a really good event. Please pray for the 13 participants. Our theme is "...and the soul felt its worth." We're really hoping that they recognize their worth in Christ and start taking care of themselves a little more.

We had our regular prayer rally on Wednesday. It was a nice time to pray for eight of our OMS ministries, including a new one to the retirees. I'm really happy we do this. I'd hate for any missionary to feel tossed aside after they've given most of their lives in service here. We also had a chance to pray for three of the Billion.Global signatories. This is another thing I'm really happy about. I love that so many different organizations are working together and not trying to hoard their territory. We're all working toward the same goal, so why wouldn't we use what we're good at to complement each other's efforts?

Somehow in the midst of all of this, I managed to finish those last five groups of Tagalog. They should soon be on their way to the proofreader, and I can start to tackle the next two projects sitting in my inbox.

I'd appreciate your prayers for me this season. There is a lot to do and everything has its own deadline. The Pic of the Week should give you an idea of how I'm feeling about the next few weeks.


(I'd show you what's on the list, but I mentioned a few names, and there's no point in spoiling the surprise.)

No comments:

Post a Comment