Friday, April 5, 2019

The Weekly Wrap-Up: April 1-5, 2019

I think - but don't quote me on this - even though it's in writing and you'd be well within your rights to actually link to this very blog post because I am far too casual with my words - but I think I might actually get to create booklets next week instead of working on booklets that have already been created or published or proofed before.

Heavy is the head that wears the crown.

Seriously, though, I feel like I've been playing a lot of catch up. I'm trying to get all of our languages as up to speed as possible. It's hard to see that any progress is made because the files have been through so many hands. But I think we're getting there. I'm becoming more familiar with assigning projects and doing quality control. It's a complex process, though.

We say that a lot around here. It's complex, but it isn't complicated. In other words, there's a lot to do, but it isn't necessarily difficult stuff. Sure, it does require some foreknowledge of programs and grammar and communication skills. But once you learn the processes, you should be able to progress through them fairly easily.

Should be.

Hindi did its best to challenge this maxim this week.

I did okay for the most part. But there's this one part in publishing where you have to jump ahead in order to move forward as normal. And I get that this won't make much sense. But this is by far the most complex part of the process. And it nearly beat me today.

It didn't, of course. I prevailed. But it was a close one.

Next week: Japanese.

If you're in the Huntington area this weekend, my lovely coworker Sarah will be joining me in speaking at New Hope UB Church. We have amazing things planned, so we hope to see you there.

Au revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment