Friday, April 12, 2019

The Weekly Wrap-Up: April 8-12, 2019

Remember when I was super excited about getting to create new booklets?

I'm not eating my words. But I might be choking a little.

I did actually get one group of Japanese done. But it's been hard fought. The font does not always cooperate, so I get those fun little boxes that look like I'm using Wingdings when it's supposed to be Kozuka Gothic.


It looks a little bit like that.

So I'm kind of skipping around in the groups to finish booklets that don't have a mysterious error, then I can go back and try to figure out why it's doing what it's doing.

Other than that, it's been a pretty straightforward week. The roof of the building is coming off, so I've been hanging out in my friend's office upstairs to watch various people defy death by walking around up there. But not too long, because I don't even like heights when other people are the ones in them.

Staff briefing on Wednesday went quite long, and we discovered that Thursday's work day had been postponed until May. But it was nice outside, so we did take a walk in the afternoon to enjoy the sunshine.

I have a stack of organizer agreements on my desk that need to be filed. And then another stack of paperwork from Canada that needs to be organized and filed. Basically, I have a lot of stuff on my desk that really doesn't need to be there. Feel free to take bets on when it actually goes away.

Closest to never will probably win. 

No comments:

Post a Comment