Friday, November 1, 2019

The Weekly Wrap-Up: October 28 - November 1, 2019

Oh, the drama! Between scripts not running as they should and questions of when documents are due, it's been quite the week. I stayed out of some of it, but this VCP project is really taking its toll. We're close to being done (at least with the first volume - there are SEVEN MORE in FIVE LANGUAGES), but I have violated almost every principle I have regarding producing T&M in order to get there. We're publishing French booklets that haven't even been looked at by native French speakers. It's giving me the heeby-jeebies. But hey, we all do what we must, right?

Otherwise, it's been a decent week, though I haven't much cared for the weather. Retreat planning continues, and I constantly have to remind myself that it's supposed to be a time of relaxation instead of a time for me to act out whatever sadistic fantasies I've had about anti-team building. (I'm mostly kidding.) We still haven't mapped out the actual sessions, though, and I'm feeling mild anxiety about that.

Guys, I have one more week in the office until December.

One.
Week.

God help us all.

We had a lunch & learn this week that I found quite interesting. I heard two things (one was actually in chapel) that are somewhat related, but they have given me a lot of food for though. The first was from John Piper - he said Christians can be one of three things: a goer, a sender, or disobedient. You can always count on Piper to distill everything down to a few well-chosen words. But then I also learned that only 2% of the people who are called to organizational missions actually end up serving. That's pretty staggering. And I can definitely tell. We're hurting for people at OMS. And we've had several begin the process only to back out later.

I don't know about you, but I think I need to ponder this more. I can't just learn something like that and not think about how to fix it.

No comments:

Post a Comment