Friday, October 25, 2019

The Weekly Wrap-Up: October 21-25, 2019

I really feared I had spoken too soon when I said I'd probably finish English B and U this week. We had a project for the VCP volumes that needed to be done quickly, so I set English aside for a bit and copy/pasted French translations into the interactive adult learning lessons. That probably won't make much sense to you, but suffice to say, it was a tedious manual process that absolutely had to be done, so we buckled down and did it. After that, though, I officially ran out of projects for my production team to do. I've assigned some housekeeping things that have fallen by the wayside for now, but until our translators and proofreaders start sending in more work, I'm at a bit of a loss. Loathe as I am to take work home with me, I'm going to have to think about this on the weekend.

Anyway, I did end up finishing B and U except for the new booklets with universal art. I'm hoping to deploy everything next week, and then we'll likely have more art sets to publish. I'm hoping to keep everything as consistent as possible, so the quicker I can get to them, the fresher everything will be in my mind.

The big thing this week is the President's Gathering in Florida. I mention it because it means many people are out of the office, so it's another quiet week. We also had prayer for it on Wednesday - it's the big push for development projects before the end of the year. Sarah and I have been jokingly volunteering to go all summer, but alas, we are not needed. At least I'm getting my sunshine in a few weeks. Sarah will have to suffer a little while longer.

I haven't kept up with the wider world, but I know there have been several to-dos of late. I may dip my toe in the water at a later date, but it hardly seems safe to do so now.

Finally, please keep praying for the retreat planning. We're getting closer to knowing what we'll be doing, but I always forget just how much goes into this. It's rather exhausting.

I think that's it. Have a pleasant weekend, everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment