Friday, October 4, 2019

The Weekly Wrap-Up: September 30 - October 4, 2019

Whew, what a week! And it's not over yet, but more on that later.

One more group of English B and U done, so we're holding steady on that. Although, we did just make a change that effects all books, so I'm thinking I'll have to republish what I've already done. Oh well. At least I haven't distributed them yet. And it's just one change to the back page, so I just delete the old one, place the new one, and Bob's your uncle! 64 times over.

But we're also working on the two new booklets, 65 and 66. One is about evangelism techniques while the other is about telling God's story. We're trying to get them done quickly so they can go in the Africa volumes (collections of booklets bound together), but we need to make sure they are consistent with the other booklets in layout and language. I'll have more to do with those next week.

We had another retirement chapel this week, this time for Joetta, a friend of mine who works in Finance. She always asks me how many steps I've done so far that day and gives encouragement. She's a very equanimous person, which I admire, and her dry humor will definitely be missed. (Yes, there was cake, no I didn't eat any.)

The biggest story this week, though, is the frenzied preparations for the International Festival we're having Saturday. This thing has been in the works for months, and I very wisely bowed out of the planning committee way back when. I knew I wouldn't have the time, and I also knew that I'd get drawn into the periphery of planning. Honestly, I haven't done much but support others who are putting this together, but I'll be at OMS bright and early to help set up and then throughout the day to help serve the (hopefully) hundreds of people who come to learn more about OMS. I do hope it goes well, but I fully anticipate being absolutely exhausted by the end of the day.

Also, I now know how to change out the flags in front of the building. And you know me - I love learning new things!

Peace, my dudes!


No comments:

Post a Comment