Friday, September 27, 2019

The Weekly Wrap-Up: September 23-27, 2019

Is anyone else still enjoying the warm weather? I almost felt the need to put on a jacket this morning, but I refuse! I like being warm, and if I have to keep wearing flip-flops and t-shirts in order to fool myself into thinking it's still summer, then so be it.

I published another group of English B and English U. There are a ton of speech bubbles in these later booklets, and for whatever reason, a lot of the text got offset when the new art was uploaded. So that's been interesting to deal with. But I am starting to see the light at the end of this tunnel.

Other projects are also going well. I'm so grateful for my team. They definitely keep things moving, which gives me more time to figure out why other projects are stalled. Sometimes our translators are busy doing other things, sometimes it's a problem on our end, and sometimes we don't really know what's going on. Which is why I review all the projects regularly so that none of them fall through the cracks.

Sarah and I are also in full-on planning mode for the ECC Retreat. Sure, it isn't until December, but since Sarah was in Africa and I'm gone half of November (T-47 days), we need to get this done now so it's ready. We couldn't find a speaker we agreed on, so we're running the show again. I think it will be good. It's just a lot of details to sort through.

It was cake week for whatever reason. We had a retirement celebration on Tuesday with white cake. We had a recognition chapel on Wednesday with chocolate cake. And we had almond raspberry cake just because on Thursday.

Not a good week for my diet.

But, you know, cake. So who cares?

I hope you all have a great weekend. I'm gonna hang out with my temporary cat and probably read a bunch.

This is the life.

No comments:

Post a Comment