Friday, September 6, 2019

The Weekly Wrap-Up: August 26 - September 6, 2019

Yes, I know, I keep skipping weeks.

My bad.

But these last two weeks fit well together since I've been doing a lot of the same things. Or running around like a chicken with my head cut off.

That tends to happen a lot.

I can't help it! People keep finding things that have to be fixed right now. Supposedly. Which interrupts what you were doing and then you have to remember what that was and which step you were on.

For example, in between groups 3 and 4 of English publishing (yes, still doing that), I needed to process a group of Chinese booklets. Now, between groups 5 and 6 of English, I need to publish four groups of Romanian. There's a training event there in two weeks, which I did know about, so I knew this was coming and took precautions against being in the middle of something vital when it was ready. But still.

Also, have you ever tried to alphabetize something in another language? I did it this week for Estonian (oh yeah, I had to stop English to fix the already-published Student Activity Guide) and I'm about to do it for Romanian. Probably next week, though, because it's a somewhat tedious process.

Anyway...

Sorry. My brain is all over the place today. I had a doctor's appointment. I don't really feel like sharing details yet. Mostly because I don't know a lot until some tests come back. And I don't want to sound cryptic, but you know me. I overshare until I don't. Either way, prayers are appreciated. It's no fun feeling sick all the time.

One other thing I'm now involved in is the newly-formed Safety Response Team at OMS. We figured someone should know what to do in an emergency, so Sarah and I are ECC's best hope (help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi!). Of course, actually getting beyond just having a team to actually knowing what to do on that team will be something of a challenge. But I'm sure someone is working on that.

I will leave you with a side project I did in all my copious spare time. I needed a visual representation of how many days I have until my vacation. Any guesses where I'll be?


No comments:

Post a Comment