Friday, August 23, 2019

The Weekly Wrap-Up: August 19-23, 2019

I need to be better about writing stuff down throughout the week. I clearly don't take my own advice, though, because I've definitely said that before. Oh well. You'll just have to suffer with me through this less-than-auspicious account of my week.

Truthfully, this week is a little foggy. I haven't been feeling well, and that's been an unpleasant reality for far too long. I have a doctor's appointment coming up, but hands up if you think that will get me anywhere.

...

Exactly.

Anyway, I've been continuing my work on English B and U this week. I have the first group published, which is always the trickiest since it includes the two booklets we split up. Plus, I took the opportunity to walk Trista through the process of publishing. I've also been proofing Outreach pages, which are due to be printed next week. And I sang during the prayer rally on Wednesday. I guess I remember more than I thought I did.

Seriously, though, English is kinda kicking my butt. I'm trying not to get bogged down on content, just sticking to layout, but doing it concurrently in two projects is HARD. Maybe that's why I'm so foggy. Good thing I only have 11 more groups to go!

The saddest part about this week is that it's the last week for my dear friend Ashleigh. If I haven't talked about her before, shame on me, because she's brilliant. Ashleigh works upstairs as corporate secretary (I secretly call her the Keeper of the Keys), so I don't get to see her a lot, but we do make the effort to go on bus rides (walks) around the building every so often. I'm going to miss seeing her smiling face and venting to her and just generally enjoying her company.

That's probably one of the harshest realities of missionary life. By nature, it's a transient life, but I don't think I knew just how true that was for HQ people as well. We tend to have a lot of people in and out of the office, and that can be hard on friendships. I tend to be a little standoffish with new people (confession is good for the soul, right?) because I never know how long they are going to be around. I'm not one of those people who can just appreciate the experience and the time they had with someone. Maybe that's a bad thing. But it's my reality.

But we need to end on a lighter note. So, I can tell you that my prayer letter will (hopefully) be mailed next week! (Oh yeah, I wrote that this week, too.) So you can learn all about training last week and some fun info about my job. And if you don't get my letter, drop me a line, and I'll make sure you're added to the list.

Later, gators!

No comments:

Post a Comment