Friday, August 2, 2019

The Weekly Wrap-Up: July 29 - August 2, 2019

Francais c'est finis! For now. And I don't actually know if that's the right way to say it. Whatever. Two groups of French are done. Go me!

No big issues with these groups. I'm still dealing with longer words, so that does cause some things to be wildly out of place. But we have our little tricks for getting around things.

Sometimes, though, low tech solutions are the best. For example:


The Student Activity Guide is almost always the exception to the rule. And because of that, you kinda make things up as you go along. (Sometimes. Don't tell anyone.) But one thing each activity has (when there's room) is a place for notes at the bottom of the page. But depending on the previous text, the lines for the notes could rest in a different spot every time. And there are 80 pages of this. I was trying to find a way to make sure the lines were fairly consistent, so I decided to stick the post-it on there as a way to draw a line in the sand. A high water mark, if you will. No lines below this line. Whatever, it worked. At least I'm not using white out on the screen.

Dude.

Umm... I lost my train of thought. (Let's be honest, by now we're down to one squeaky engine that really only runs half the time and some of its wheels are flat. Maybe a caboose. Possibly a rusted out boxcar that random children live in.)

I got to celebrate one of my favorite people this week. Lori spoke in chapel on Wednesday at her recognition for 20 years at OMS. That's hard for me to fathom. But, because she's profound, I've been thinking about something she said. Something like, people are very willing (well, mostly willing) to say 'Use me where I am!' to God. But they rarely say 'Use me where you need me to be!' And it's okay if that's where you already are. But if it isn't, take the leap. It's not like God is going to let you fall. Unless he needs you to. But even if he does, he's falling with you. And he'll help you back up.

Wow, this whole thing is really getting away from me today. So we'll just end it here.

Be cool.

1 comment:

  1. So now I am blushing and honored all at the same time ... quoted in your blog AND one of your favorite people?? It's a lovely position in which I find myself.

    Also, I LOVED the Boxcar Children books when I was a kid (chronologically ... I realize I still act that way occasionally). For that wonderful memory, I thank you profusely!

    ReplyDelete