Friday, July 26, 2019

The Weekly Wrap-Up: July 22-26, 2019

Ah, le francais n'est-il pas une belle langue? J'ai fait beaucoup de travail pratique dans la version Africaine de cette langue cette semaine. 

If you can read that, you're cooler than I am. Only the finest Google translate for you. I could maybe work out a general idea. But any attempt to pronounce it would sound suspiciously like Spanish. 

Fortunately, I don't have to be able to speak French in order to work on it. You may recall from last week's post the many interesting paths we've taken to get to this point in French. But it's progressing fairly smoothly now. Aside from the fact that booklet 37 might cause a stroke at some point. I don't care what language we're in, that book is a menace. But I press on. I had to add a bunch of pages again and rearrange quite a bit. It looks pretty now. And, more importantly, people will be able to read it.

The goal is to get GR01 done Monday and then go on to GR02. But things change rapidly around here. It's my fault, really, since I'm the one assigning projects. Oh well. 

The weather has been glorious this week. We like to take quick breaks in the afternoons since we spend most of the time sitting or standing at our desks, and we've been able to walk outside most days. It's quite different from when we were hanging out in Satan's armpit last week. But I will embrace whatever form of warmth I can get. I remember how cold last Winter was. I'll stick to Summer, thanks.

We heard from our CROSS trainers in chapel on Wednesday. We have a few going to Hungary and then some who will be serving at HQ. We even had one person from another organization. We do a decent job of preparing folks for serving as missionaries. We should - we've learned a lot over the years. Obviously, we won't think of everything. It's impossible to cover every scenario someone might encounter. But the point is to give a solid foundation.

Which is naturally why I bring my swords in and wave them around every year. Is there a purpose? Yes. Is it also rad? Yes. I didn't bring as many this time. They are quite heavy, even if I'm only moving them across the street. But I think they do help focus the discussion on spiritual warfare. It's a reminder for me, at least.

Speaking of, do these blog posts actually make sense to you? Do they help you understand more of what I do? They are useful for me, but I also want them to be beneficial to you. I'm trying to do more one-offs as well. I'm thinking about them, at least. Most of my thoughts these days are on organizations facing quite serious trouble, and that just gets depressing after a while. But if you don't mind, this blog sometimes helps me sort out my thoughts on a subject. And I'm always willing to engage in a dialogue about something. 

Okay, enough about me. Do something fun this weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment