Friday, July 12, 2019

The Weekly Wrap-Up: July 8-12, 2019

I'm pretty sure everyone took their vacation at the same time because it has been deader than a doornail around here this week. Truthfully, it's kind of nice. The quiet is always appreciated. But it can also be a problem because certain projects require certain people to be around. Alas. We press on.

We're working on getting three new projects started. These languages will be used in Africa. See, we're revamping another program ECC uses called Village Church Planting. And part of the revamp is inserting various T&M booklets into their curriculum. But since it's only certain ones, we're kind of doing a popcorn process on the booklets. They won't be translated in the normal order. Fortunately, two of the languages are using Latin characters, so that makes my life easier. The other one I hadn't even heard of before - Amharic. Should be quite interesting when we get started.

We had a long discussion about file names this week as well. You wouldn't think it would make a huge difference, but believe me, when you're processing thousands (literally) of files per project, you need to make sure you know what each booklet is just by looking at the name. I think we got that figured out now, so that's good.

Our staff briefing was actually brief this week! Only 50 minutes. It's not quite a record, but it's close. Probably because there isn't much going on. Except CROSS-training. That did start this week. But I won't have much to do with it until later.

That's about it. I'm sorry there isn't much to talk about lately. Lots of file management and tracking down translators and figuring out why computers aren't doing what they're supposed to do. My team has three language projects going right now - Mongolian, Haitian Creole, and Mizo Chin. I'm waiting on some files so I can start publishing some stuff. I have a feeling it's all going to come in at once.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment