Friday, October 18, 2019

The Weekly Wrap-Up: October 14-18, 2019

And another one gone, and another one gone, another one bites the dust!

Yes, that does in fact mean that another group of English B and U have been published. Just one more to go! It's been interesting and helpful seeing all of the booklets together again in a relatively short amount of time. I see them quite often when working on other languages, of course, but I'm usually focused on the other language rather than remembering what the English says. We have some good stuff to offer! Who knew?

It's been another one of those weird weeks with lots of random stuff going on. I was able to finish the master files of the two new booklets, so those will be published along with the rest. I did two different surveys this week for work-related things - one on the new website for OMS and one Sarah and I wrote for the upcoming retreat. Planning for that is going well, with the usual hiccups here and there. I also finalized my prayer letter, which should be rolling out to you shortly.

On Wednesday, we had prayer rally. One of our prayer times was spent praying for one personal, one ministry, and one global prayer request. I asked for prayer over the trip we're taking (so close! see below), the VCP project, and the many political upheavals taking place around the world. I don't know about you, but I'm tired of even glancing at the news these days. It's important to stay informed, but it's incredibly depressing to see all of the terrible things happening around the world.

Anyway.

Like I said, we're approaching my departure date. Can you guess from the photo how many days are left? (Also, take note of the new item on my shelf, courtesy of Pat after her trip to Africa!)


Keep warm, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment