Friday, March 27, 2020

The Weekly Wrap-Up: March 23-27, 2020

The days are starting to blur together a bit, so I'm going to do my best to be coherent, but please don't hold it against me if I'm not.

(Also, I think I'm headed for some severe agoraphobia when this is over. Reintegrating me into society will be a lengthy process.)

Is anyone else going through these periods of wanting to know everything about what's going on and then not wanting to know anything that's going on? As a historian, I should probably be paying more attention and taking better notes, but I've come to realize that I enjoy studying history far more than I enjoy living through it. (Can I express my admiration for people like Mary Chestnut and Anne Frank right now? Their ability to document life in the midst of chaos is a treasured resource for historians. But I'm just not cut out for it.)

Did I mention I'm having trouble concentrating? Cabin fever has set in. I apologize.

Okay, here's where things stand at OMS (at least with the US HQ). The office is officially closed. Those of us who live on campus and can walk to work are welcome to do so. We just do our best not to get too close to anyone else. Everyone else is working from home. I decided to come into the office every day since I will get exactly nothing done if I try to work from home. Also, I need to keep some kind of routine, otherwise I'm gonna go nuts.

More nuts.

So what have we accomplished in the world of T&M this week? Well, I finished GR04 of English F and realized that I'll probably need to go back to U and B. The more you look at something, the more you notice that needs to be changed. I've also been taking a closer look at the latest new booklet called "Tell Your Story." So far, I've completely rewritten the first three paragraphs. I'm not sure the original authors will appreciate my edits, but you can't quarantine me and expect me not to do my worst. (I would have done it anyway. This thing is awful. Not necessarily the content, but it's not really formatted in the style of T&M.)

That's about it for the week. I fully expect next week I'll be reporting in from some nest I've built in the woods, not having showered for days. At the rate things happen these days, it really wouldn't surprise me. But hey, I have plenty of toilet paper.

Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment