Friday, March 6, 2020

The Weekly Wrap-Up: March 2-6, 2020

I could spend half my life reading emails. I blame Ray Tomlinson. This is a terrible medium for communication. And yet, I'm incapable of just deleting them under the assumption that there's nothing in there I care about. (I do actually delete most of them. But even knowing how subject lines are constructed for maximum eye-catching, I don't always resist. Maybe it's professional pride? I have to show support for a fellow wordsmith.)

Anyway, as you might have guessed, there was a lot of file maintenance this week. It's easy to get snowed under, and these little tasks seem so insignificant until you're looking for a file and it's not where it's supposed to be. Actually, it was a real mixed bag of tasks this week. We had Orientation, which always means putting my drawing skills to use for the history of missions presentation. My favorite part, each time, is when our new missionaries put their names on the timeline - you can pray for Peggy, Duane, Jack, and Megan as they begin their journeys.

Then on Monday afternoon, I sat in on an unexpected interview for a VCP admin role. I should say it was unexpected for me, not for the applicant. We'd gotten a call from Rwanda (we have a team doing training there) in crisis, so Brian was talking to them when the applicant arrived. Which is how I got pulled in. It was fine. The applicant was nice. I did an emergency output of a French booklet to supplement the training material. All good.

On Wednesday morning, I covered the front desk for Sophie. We get a lot of phone calls at OMS. Most are legit inquiries, but some are just weird. Fortunately, I'm great at making stuff up. :) But look at what Sophie left for me!


Awesome, isn't it?!

Between all of that, I managed to finish another group of Mizo Chin. We're so close! I know I keep saying that. But we really are getting there. And other projects are moving along as well! We even got a group of Russian back from the translators this week. Dude! I honestly didn't know if the translators were still around.

And that's about it for the week. I've got to figure out why my computer is doing weird things, but that's a concern for next week. In the meantime, I'm going to enjoy my weekend.

Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment