Friday, March 26, 2021

The Weekly Wrap-Up: March 22-26, 2021

I don't really have a game plan for retiring the 'panic' tag. I mean, we're still technically in it. After I get the vaccine? After the stupid mask mandate ends? What do you think?

This has been a good week. Lots of small projects, but it's all necessary stuff for moving forward on some big stuff, so that's cool. Sarah is conducting her boot camp this week, and I met with my group for our boot camp in May. I think we'll have a full complement, which is nice because it means fewer changes to the training manual. We're definitely still making some, but not nearly as many. You can pray for the team as we prepare, actually. José is my co-leader and lives in OK with his wife Audrey (who has many health issues right now), Sharon lives in PA (and her husband also has health issues), and Dennis lives in KY. I don't know anything about his wife.

I started a new-to-me language this week! I'm trying to finish up the first group of Russian. It's been sitting around for a while, partly because no one is really clamoring for it, and partly because we lost our translator. So I'm just working to publish what little bit we have on the off chance that someone will need it. You never know. We're working to find a new translator, so if you know someone fluent in Russian, hit me up. 

We had a really nice chapel this week. all about our founders and looking to the future of OMS. There were a lot of good things said, but the one I wrote down was this: "Let's build for the years that we will not see." I found that to be really profound, and I think that philosophy applies in all areas of life. So many people today are about instant gratification and living in the moment, but the Bible is pretty clear on where it stands with this kind of thinking. If we truly want to make the world a better place, then we need to work for it and recognize that it might not happen in our lifetime. But it's worth the effort. 

That's all I've got for you this week. I hope you find some time to commemorate Passover and Palm Sunday. He is risen indeed!

Bye!

1 comment:

  1. "Let's build for the years that we will not see." Definitely a thought to hang onto, as you said, in all areas of life. As I dig into family history and read newspaper articles, biographies, and other stories of ancestors who are not seeing the years they were building for, I often wonder who they were, how they were building (or not) for the future, and if they would be pleased, surprised, disappointed if they could see what those years held.

    ReplyDelete