Friday, July 23, 2021

The Weekly Wrap-Up: July 19-23, 2021

This is a late one, boys and girls. I gotta say, I'm not normally around at 5:30 on a Friday afternoon. As soon as 5:00 hits, I tend to be off like a shot. But this has been an interesting week, and I had a lot of things to finish up, so here we are.

I started this week hearing some disappointing news. Not bad, and certainly not disappointing for the person bearing it, but it was certainly not news I expected right now. I'm happy for the person who told me, but sad for me. And yes, I'm being deliberately vague, but that's really all I can say until it's official. 

With regard to the workload this week, I was swamped. Still am, but we have to put it down sometime. I created two volumes of T&M booklets this week - one in Swahili and one in English. It's something new, and I'm glad I learned how to do it, but they do take some time to compile and check page numbers and such. 

Sarah and I created scripts for the CMF Seminar in August. We're trying to illustrate the benefits of digital collaboration, so we wrote some things to be filmed. I tried to tone down my usual brand of humor, but I do have a particular style, so there will be one or two sarcastic moments. I'll post a link to one of the videos if I think of it. And if it's any good. We'll see. 

I haven't been sleeping well this week. I had one dog sitting gig with an adorable Golden, and I never sleep well in different places, but these days, it turns out I don't sleep well in my own place, either. Any ideas?

That's all, folks. Have a pleasant day whenever you read this.

Bye!

2 comments:

  1. Love you, my friend. (Angel emoji...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I somehow missed reading this on Monday. I'm intrigued (curious? nervous? wondering?) about the disappointing-to-you/not-disappointing-for-the-person news you received this week.

    ReplyDelete