Friday, August 20, 2021

The Weekly Wrap-Up: August 16-20, 2021

This week has lasted at least 10 days. I'm completely convinced of that. And I'm not just saying that because I didn't post anything last week. I took two days off so that I could get stuff around for my parent's anniversary party on Saturday. And so I could spend time with family, of course. 

(Just a side note here, but I drove up to Huntington by myself; a few months ago, that would not have been possible. My anxiety would have made it inadvisable at best. But as my mom said, this is a victory. The drive wasn't without its anxious moments, but I do absolutely praise God for keeping me safe. I am also thankful for my family and friends who are encouraging me and letting me progress at my own pace.)

We had a really nice time at the party. I saw a lot of people I hadn't seen in a long time, and I think my parents appreciated everything we put together. 


T&M projects are going well. I'm still struggling with Tamil. There are just so many speech bubbles and such long phrases. But I'm slowly working my way through the booklets, making good progress. I had Outreach proofs this week and a lot of Zoom questions. I played Zoom host for the prayer chapel on Wednesday. Lord knows, there's a lot to pray about right now. We keep getting sad reports from Haiti, I keep seeing horrible things from Afghanistan, Nicaragua is in turmoil, Cuba continues to starve - I honestly don't have the capacity for anymore news. 

The big job this week was preparing for the CMF Seminar next week. Granted, I did very little compared to everyone else, but we still have Zoom practices and cleaning and inventory to take care of before our first in-person event in about two years. Of course, it's also a hybrid event, so that adds its own complexities. But I did get to do one of my favorite jobs around OMS, which is to clean out a fridge. 


Seriously. I love cleaning out people's fridges. I'm not super bothered about my own. But I have a great time with other people's stuff. 

Please be praying for the Seminar next week. There are a lot of important things to be discussed, and I know we're all eager to get some sort of normality back. 

Finally, I'm going to leave you with a true gem of a photograph. I took this at dinner on Saturday with the family, and yes, I did buy my sister the fabulous accessory. She loved it.

Bye!



1 comment:

  1. So much good stuff that you've written ... but seriously ... that photo!!!!

    ReplyDelete