Friday, August 6, 2021

The Weekly Wrap-Up: August 2-6, 2021


நண்பர்கள், அயலவர்கள் மற்றும் நாட்டு மக்கள்: உங்கள் காதுகளை எனக்குக் கொடுங்கள்.

Yes, in case you were wondering, I have spent this entire week working on Tamil booklets. Will I spend the next couple of weeks doing the same thing? Very likely. Do I wish they could find a way to say things more succinctly?

Absolutely.

Look, I love the people who speak Tamil. They are truly beautiful, and the language itself is also gorgeous to look at. But it does make publishing quite difficult. The kerning is at least 20% larger than English, and even when we reduce the spacing, it never fits within the template. I think I added about 16 pages across 5 booklets. I have to add in chunks of 4 because that's how the printing spreads operate. I don't mind adding, but that means our partners are using up more paper and ink, which can add up over time. That's why we're trying to get more people using the app, because you can do pretty much anything on there.

The rest of the week went pretty well. I had devotions for our Monday prayer time, talking about God's Will and how we determine what that is and why it sometimes takes a while to understand. 

I am also the Zoom host for chapel this month! Basically, I attend chapel online and make sure everyone has what they need since they can't be with us in person. Talk about trial by fire, though - we had an Internet issue that meant everything that came through the microphone was stuttered. It did make for some funny moments, but it was also frustrating. 

But hey, I got a great sash out of it from Sarah.


That's the week! I hope you have had a fantastic start to your August. As far as I'm concerned, Autumn is still a dirty word right now, so if you want to talk about pumpkin spice, find someone else. It's all Summer, all the time around here. 


பிரியாவிடை

1 comment:

  1. I love your sash! Well deserved, for sure. And while that season that comes after summer is most definitely my favorite, I don't want it here before it's time for it to arrive. :)

    ReplyDelete