Friday, January 14, 2022

The Weekly Wrap-Up: January 10-14, 2022

🎶 It's beginning to feel a lot like lockdown... 🎶

Maybe not quite that quiet. But we have a lot of sickies out of the office right now. On the one hand, that can make it easier to get things done. But on the other hand, sometimes it's nice to have those interruptions that make you take a break from staring at your computer for eight hours straight. 

Not that I could do much of either. My computer is possessed. I don't know if it's a corrupted update or what, but some programs keep crashing. I'm still trying to figure it out, so I only have the bare minimum open right now. 

I finished my group of Tamil this week! Yay! We have now processed all of the initial Tamil files and can get on with proofreading and eventual publishing. 

I've got my fair share of interesting languages this week, because I immediately moved on to Telugu. Lots of fun curls and swirls, but more compact than Tamil, so it hasn't been too difficult to fit everything on the pages. We're getting ready for a big training event in India, so these languages are doubly important to finish right now. Last time we had an event like this, we were only ready because half the country flooded and delayed the start of the event. I'd like to avoid natural disasters this time. 

One weird thing this week - I am the arbiter of a beard growing contest, so guess who got to measure dude's beards for the before length? Yep. I wore gloves. 

That should about do it for the week. I got my booster shot today, so we'll see how the weekend goes. It's also my birthday on Sunday, so I timed that really well. 

Have a good one!

Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment