Friday, May 13, 2022

The Weekly Wrap-Up: May 9-13, 2022

It has been a random week at OMS again. Productive, but random. It's nice to shake things up now and then. Breaks up the routine. But you know I like my routine. I'm totally fine with doing the same stuff all the time. Which is good, because that's most of my job.

I'm still working on booklet 64. I finished the tagging, added images, and now I'm doing another read-through. It is amazing what you can miss. Most of what I'm doing now, though, is trying to get the reading level down to fifth grade level and get rid of some jargon. The booklet is about crafting a personal testimony, and there can be a lot of 'Christianese' in talking about that. 

I got tapped to run A/V for two lunches. The first was for local pastors and mission leaders who were here to learn more about OMS. The second was for volunteers who we brought in to show our appreciation. I don't mind running  stuff, but I do appreciate more than an hour's notice. Just saying. 

(As a side note, we had an OMS Family Fun Night on Tuesday. We had a picnic and then karaoke. I was the Spin Doctor and emcee for that, and it actually turned out to be a lot of fun. Unfortunately for you, what happens in the Fellowship Hall, stays in the Fellowship Hall. So no photos or video for you. Sorry.)

We're also still working on safety stuff at OMS. Sarah and I handed out Emergency Response Guides with instructions for various safety issues one might encounter. There are still a few more things we need to do, and obviously, we never want any of these things to happen. But my philosophy is that it is better to be prepared than caught off guard. 

There won't be an update (at least not work-related) for a couple of weeks. I'm headed out of town with family, so try not to miss me too much.

Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment