Friday, June 10, 2022

The Weekly Wrap-Up: June 6-10, 2022

Well, now. It has certainly been more than a few minutes since we were last here. If you are friends with me on Facebook, then you've seen some of the photos from my time in Wyoming. We had a great time with family and some beautiful scenery. I don't recommend four full days of driving, but we did survive being in such close quarters, so no harm no foul. 

It's a little weird being back in the office. I always feel like I've missed a lot even though it also feels like nothing changes when I'm here. It's probably a similar feeling no matter where you  live or work. I can't say my trip was incredibly restful since we were on the go pretty much the whole time, and then I started cat sitting the day after I got back to town, so please forgive the expected brevity. 

Much of my week has been spent in catching up on emails and incoming projects while also getting ready for People Month. Yes, June is once again back to being the time of year when folks from around the world descend upon HQ for meetings and fellowship. And you know me. I can be too introverted for introverts, sometimes. But it will be nice to see some people I haven't seen for a while and have a little variety around the office for a bit. I just fully expect to hibernate for the following few weeks. 

We don't have a lot of projects in queue right now. Part of that is because we're so good at our jobs. We have published quite a bit in the last few months. But until we get some other languages started, we're kind of waiting on our translators and doing some template work. I'm sure we'll get some requests from those visiting as well, so I have no doubt that I'll be lamenting the mountain of work we have to do sometime in the near future. 

I think that about sums things up. As always, feel free to reach out if you ever have any questions about what I do at OMS or just about life in general. You are deeply appreciated.

Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment