Friday, June 17, 2022

The Weekly Wrap-Up: June 13-17, 2022

What up, friends?

I feel like I say this a lot, but this has been an incredibly tiring week. 

People Month is upon us once again. This week is Missionary Council. That's the field leaders and regional hub people setting the course for the future ministry of OMS. I don't actually have anything to do with the meetings. But there are a bunch of people who aren't normally here who have a limited amount of time to talk to people and get stuff done. Plus they walk through the halls at random times. It's just a lot when you're used to a fairly quiet environment.

Next week will be more of the same, although it's Board meetings, not MC. They don't usually wander as much. I still have to dress up, though. 

I did manage to get two French volumes done this week, though. Those are always fun. Definitely more colorful than our regular black and white booklets.

I also got to sing in chapel this week. We learned a new song by Kari Jobe. Now I can't get it out of my head. 

And it's flag time again. Many moons ago, I foolishly agreed to head up the flag ceremony at one of our conferences. I have never seen so many people argue over which flags should be displayed on a stage. But next week is the installation of our new president, so flags were deemed an appropriate inclusion. So I helped figure out which flags we had, which flags we needed to order, and which flags might be politically problematic at the moment. I HAVE OPINIONS ABOUT THESE THINGS! Why put me in that position if you don't want my (very rational) opinions?

Anyway. They get what they get. I can justify all of my choices, and if they don't like the choice or the justification, they can change the stuff. No skin off my nose.

I'm going to be doing a lot of BTS stuff for a while. (Behind the scenes - not the band) We're taking the opportunity while we have a slight lull in production to update some of our processes. I've been trawling our production logs to see what common issues we've had so that they can be corrected for the future. This will hopefully save us time in the future. It should also give us cleaner files. 

I can't say it's the most exciting stuff. But it is necessary. And I don't mind having a little less excitement right now. 

Be kind to yourself.

Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment