Friday, July 8, 2022

The Weekly Wrap-Up: July 5-8, 2022

Is it that time again already? Short weeks tend to give you that feeling, I guess. I'd say I've slept since last week, but the neighbors have been setting off fireworks all week. Not the neighbors at OMS. I'm dog sitting this week, and I think at least five of the houses nearby have stock in fireworks companies. Fortunately, the dog doesn't mind them too much, but they do tend to disrupt the sleep.

It has been another quiet week at work. I finished a group of French booklets. I think I've mentioned before, it has been an interesting project. We started it with European French in mind and then switched part way through to African French and art. And because the African groups contain different booklets (to coincide with the VCP terms), we've had to do the French booklets in a weird order. So I'm working on group 9 even though group 11 has already been published. It makes my eyes cross when I look at the spreadsheet, but it only takes about ten minutes to figure it out. Honest.

Anyway, I finished up my prayer letter, which will be on its way to you shortly. We had the interns speak in chapel on Wednesday. We have five this summer, but one is in Hungary and one was ill. (I'm pretty sure they are all in college still, which brings the average age of employees in this building down quite a bit.) So naturally, this was the perfect time to interview the Gen Zers about their generation's view on missions and what they want from the Church. They had some interesting thoughts. One thing I don't want to see, though, is the Church watering itself down to accommodate people's wants or feelings. I think we've done too much of that already. People are always going to have ideas about what the Church "should" be. But the only opinion I'm interested in is what Jesus said the Church should be. Not that I think we're really achieving that, either. But it is definitely what we should be striving toward.

The rest of the week was meetings and emails and going through old photos. Sarah and I are working on a secret project. Super fun stuff. 

That's about it for the week. I'll try to make next week more exciting. (That's a lie. Too much excitement gives me hives.) I hope you have a fantastic weekend.

Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment