Friday, August 5, 2022

The Weekly Wrap-Up: August 1-5, 2022

I am doing my best to enjoy whatever downtime I get now, because I know that things are only going to get crazier as we move further into the year. I am already starting to feel it - more meetings, more emails, more 'brief chats' in the hallway that turn into mini brainstorming sessions. But that's the normal warp and weft of things, and I'm okay with that. 

This week, I was asked to take over the coordination of our Family Fun Night. This is something Julie Bishop (wife of our Executive Director USA) started last Fall as a way to gather the OMS family for something that didn't look at all like work. We have played board games and watched funny videos and eaten all manner of fun foods. I'm excited for the opportunity to come up with some fun themes for future nights. 

We had another safety team meeting this week, our first since February. There was so much transition happening and all of us had too much going on. But, and partially in light of recent events, we are back on track with making OMS a safe and healthy place to work and live. I know we are all grateful for what has already been done, but there are small improvements we can make for everyone's peace of mind. 

That's about it for the week. I have been cat sitting for the last few weeks, and this is my last full weekend with most of them. So hug your pets, bask in the sun, and have a lovely weekend. 

Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment