Friday, June 5, 2015

Six of one, half dozen of the other

Yikes, it's been a while.

I don't know why I'm telling you that, you clearly already know.

But I didn't realize just how long it had been. So bear with me.

Things have steadily been getting crazier around OMS. These are the "people months." It seems like a constant, steady flow of visitors, missionaries on home assignment, interns, orientees, trainees, Board members, and all manner of folk come through here during the summer.

The biggest news, though, is that we finished Level 1 of Train & Multiply! This is a huge deal - we've been working on these materials for quite a while now, since long before I joined the team, actually. All that work has paid off, though. The booklets look fantabulous!
I can't say I had much to do with the drawings, other than approving and suggesting some tweaks. But I can proudly state that these books are grammatical perfection. Or the closest we can come to it. I've poured a lot of blood, sweat, and tears into these pages. So we had to throw those out and print new copies. :) Can you tell I've gone a little loopy?

So now that Level 1 is done, we can relax, right?

Ha.

Haha.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Ahem.

Now we get to work on Level 2. And I learn the InDesign portion of this project. And we figure out the training process. And we have to announce this bad boy. And a few hundred other things.

But I'm celebrating this achievement. Because it's huge. And it's sad to go from project to project without celebrating the accomplishments, big or little.

In other news, I organized an OMS garage sale that took place last Saturday. It was a success, in my opinion, and helped with some discretionary funds as my salary has once again been decreased. I would just like to point out again that we don't do this for the money. I am learning a lot about what I can live without.

Finally, one of the main reasons I haven't been writing much here is that I've been feeling quite a bit of disconnect. It's getting better, but for a while, the distance between me and the world was growing steadily. Depression rears its ugly head once again. But like I said, we're moving on.

Further up and further in!

No comments:

Post a Comment