Friday, February 5, 2016

The Weekly Wrap-Up: February 1-5, 2016

Ha! Y'all thought I'd forget, didn't you? No? Just me? Seems fair.

Let's do this.

Train & Multiply

I continued working on Japanese. Weird things happen when you transfer text from one file into another. For example, we use the symbol { in transfiles to signify that the following text comes from Scripture. When the file transfers to InDesign, the { is supposed to become a little book symbol.

Emphasis on "supposed to."

Sometimes, it becomes a little box instead. And because Japanese uses characters that sometimes look like a box, we have to find the places where the system fails and change the boxes to books.

It's a little tedious.

Chapel

We had a prayer rally this week. The emphasis was on waiting on the Lord. It was a good opportunity to remember that rest is actually a promise from God. We also had a special recognition chapel today to celebrate 25 years of service by Rachel Coleman, part of our theological team.

Other Projects

Last week, I forgot to tell you about the radio project I worked on. It's been a while since I worked on One Mission Minutes. It was nice to start recording again. Jason Campbell and I cowrote a spot about a new ministry center in Hungary. If you'd like to hear more of our radio spots, visit oms.media.

I also wrote a first draft of my next prayer letter. As a preview, I'm looking for opportunities to visit you guys or have you all come to OMS to learn more about the ministry. I often call OMS the best little mission agency that no one's ever heard of. It would be great to spread the word about what we do here.

Finally, I got back to my roots with an editing project today. We're trying to raise money to get as many leaders from our church planting teams to conference this summer as possible. To do that, we need grants. I make them sound pretty.

There are a dozen things that come up throughout the week that may take anywhere from five to fifteen minutes. These consultations can take a variety of forms. There are a few Mac users in the building, so the rest of us kinda form a user's group to help each other out. There are a lot of situations like that, and while each short projects/questions may only take five minutes, they can add up.


Next week will be a fun one. Lots of stuff going on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment