Friday, February 12, 2016

The Weekly Wrap-Up: February 8-12, 2016

Train & Multiply

Woohoo! I've finished checking Japanese! You know, we joked last year that we've probably read the English books around 6-10 times each. That's millions of words. I'm well on my way to that with Japanese. I've looked through the first 34 booklets and the SAG (Student Activity Guide) about four times now. I'm sure there will be many more.

One thing I'm especially proud of this week is that I was able to help facilitate a new T&M training in Australia. We live in a world where a man in Sydney, Australia, can contact someone in Greenwood, Indiana, who can put him in touch with someone in Taiwan, all in the space of a week. We've wanted to expand our training for months, so this is very exciting.

Chapel

So we start with something that isn't really chapel, but happens in the same place. On the second Monday of each month, we have a staff briefing. This is a time for each department to tell everyone else all the pertinent stuff that they are working on. Sometimes it's interesting, sometimes not so much. It's all good information, but on occasion, people forget that it's supposed to be a briefing.

CROSS-training finished this week, so we heard from the last few trainees. One is Colombian and will be working in HQ for a few months, two are headed to Taiwan, two to Ecuador, and one will be a CMF (church multiplication facilitator) in Africa. Our Mobi team does an amazing job of recruiting new missionaries for a wide variety of positions.

CROSS-training

Speaking of CT, it is usually the purview of HR and the training team. A few others introduce the various departments, but I get to play exactly one role. On the day they discuss spiritual warfare, I bring in my sword collection. I get to show off a little and then I talk about a couple knives I picked up from Sierra Leone. Spiritual warfare isn't a game.

Other Projects

We're gearing up for OMS International Conference this summer. Remember?


Anyway, I've been involved in planning the "Interactive Missions Experience" room. (We're working on the name.) I had a couple meetings this week so everyone could update each other on our respective progress. I think it's going to be a good program. You all should consider coming.

That's it for this week. Busy weekend ahead. Pray for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment