Monday, March 7, 2016

The Weekly Wrap-Up: February 29-March 4, 2016

This is going up late for reasons that will become apparent at a later date. But here's what I did last week.

Train & Multiply

Finalization is taking a fair bit of time. It would be easy to gloss over it, but this needs to be thorough and meticulous. It's often the last opportunity to take a serious look at the booklets. I'm averaging about three books a day, but I get faster as I become more familiar with the list of things to look over. As long as I'm thorough, efficiency is desirable. The guys in Japan have been waiting long enough.

Chapel

It was a prayer rally week, so we took half the day on Wednesday to pray for various ministries and countries. I'm of two minds about prayer rally. And don't misread me. Prayer is great. But it's not a fix-it. I don't believe in the "If we pray, this will happen" mentality. If we pray, and God wills it, it will happen. It's a very important distinction. Also, when everyone is praying at once, my ears feel like they are filled with bees.

However, it's a good chance to hear what's going on around the world and what obstacles people are facing or the triumphs they've experienced.

Other Projects

I love the little side projects that people ask for help with. Sam asked me for help with a brochure, and then she asked me to find out how to change the icon picture so she'd know which Chrome button took her to Facebook. (Fun fact: I couldn't figure out how to do it in Windows 10. Does anyone know if this can be done? I used to be able to do that.)

Our radio ads were approved and sent out to 13 stations across the country. You can hear what we came up with here: https://soundcloud.com/onemissionradio. It's the first two on the page.

Orientation for new candidates was last week. This is different from CROSS-training, which is more in-depth. Orientation gets them acquainted with OMS nomenclature, finances, departments, etc. Carolyn asked me to help her with her talk on the history of Christian missions. She gives the info, and I write it on the timeline, sometimes with fun pictures. It's a creative way to illustrate where we've come from, and I enjoy doing it.



Conference

You might think the International Conference is a long way off, but for those of us planning it, time is in short supply. On Friday, a group of us went up to Indiana Wesleyan University to scout the rooms we're using and get a better idea of the technical stuff. It was incredibly helpful for me to see what space was available. I'm hoping this will help us better plan the event.

This week's entry might be late as well. You'll understand why.

No comments:

Post a Comment