Thursday, March 24, 2016

The Weekly Wrap-Up: March 21-24, 2016

Ironically enough, this week felt incredibly long despite being a four-day week.

Train & Multiply

I'm still making my way through the finalization checklist, but I'm about two-thirds done, so I'm definitely making progress. I'm wary of going too fast and missing something because I want to be done. Slow and steady wins the race!

We've been talking about the Student Activity Guide a lot this week. There are a lot of redundancies for translators, so we're trying to streamline the process. We've also done away with some of the terminology, like stages and levels. To that end, we decided to combine three review activities in the SAG into one, cutting total activities from 75 to 73. We've also decided to eliminate a booklet. It was focused on review, but it was right in the middle of the series, and the review was redundant to other booklets. So we're back to 63 booklets.

I added 21 new users to our list between training in Australia and training here. 21 new people will soon be receiving access to booklets so they can begin evangelism and church planting in their area. I love this part!

I'm also starting a new project with T&M. I'll have more on that next week.

Chapel

We had a really great chapel on Tuesday. President Bob Fetherlin spoke about the need for unity. You can listen to the message here: https://soundcloud.com/onemissionradio/envy-and-comparison-omschapel.

Today's chapel was about an event one of our missionaries attended at The Cove in the Carolinas last fall. Many leaders from Asia were brought together to learn about the need for multiplication.

Radio

Jason and I recorded two radio spots in anticipation of conference this summer. You can listen to those here: https://soundcloud.com/onemissionradio.

Other Projects

I had devotions again this week. I talked about 2 Peter 1:5-8. Not sure yet what I'm doing next week.

Foster and I put up a new display for the upstairs windows. They were looking a little bare.


Foster wanted to incorporate part of the lobby sculpture around the building, so he commissioned some shapes. This is what we ended up with. 



These will look really cool when it stops raining. Actually, they look really cool now, too. 


That's it. I'm sleeping in tomorrow. Have a blessed Easter weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I really, really love the window triangles! And they look even better a little larger on my computer screen rather than my little phone screen! Oh, and I'm curious about the new project... :)

    ReplyDelete